Committee on Personnel Benefits 2015-2016
Specific Charges for 2015-2016
All Specific Charges are in addition to each committee's "General" Charge in the Council Bylaws
- Continue discussion of Penn Behavioral Health, with particular focus on out-of-network benefits and the administration of claims, as well as compliance with new federal regulations regarding mental health benefits.
- Consider Penn’s retirement benefits for faculty and staff. Evaluate retirement benefits, particularly retirement (qualified plan) and especially in relation to peer institutions.
- Review same-sex partner benefits in light of the changes in laws governing same-sex marriage.
- Monitor implementation of revised short-term disability/maternity leave policy.
- Continue to discuss and review the requirements of Health Care Reform and consider needed changes in University benefits.
- Continue to monitor the implementation and effectiveness of Penn's wellness initiatives, including Penn's program with Health Advocate.
- Continue to discuss and investigate how information on benefits is disseminated and possible improvements thereto.
- Review and discuss this Committee’s general charge and identify two or three issues that should be given the highest priority for the committee’s work in academic year 2016-17.
- David Balamuth*
- Carolyn Cannuscio*
- Erika Holzbaur
- Russell Localio
- Jonathan Smith*
- Petra Todd
- Rakesh Vohra
- Heather Frattone*
- Amy Nothelfer
- Susan Russoniello
- Joe Mellon, Jr.*
- Peter Rockett*
- Joyce Woodward-Jones*
*Indicates reappointment as chair or member.