Open Trustee Meeting
University of Pennsylvania
Meetings of the Trustees of the University of Pennsylvania
All meetings will be held at the Inn at Penn, 3600 Sansom Street, Philadelphia
Thursday, February 27
8:30 – 10:00 a.m.
Local, National, & Global Engagement Committee
10:15 – 11:45 a.m.
Facilities & Campus Planning Committee
Academic Policy Committee/Diversity Committee
2:00 – 3:30 p.m.
Student Life Committee
3:45 – 5:15 p.m.
Budget & Finance Committee
Friday, February 28
11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Please contact the Office of the University Secretary at (215) 898-7005 with questions regarding Trustee meetings or your attendance plans. PennCard or photo identification required.
Rules Concerning Attendance of the Public at Meetings of the Trustees of the University of Pennsylvania
- Meetings to be Open. The regular stated meetings and the special meetings of the Trustees of the University of Pennsylvania, its Executive Board, and its other committees or bodies are open to the public to the extent required by the Act of July 3, l986, Act No. l986-84. The three regularly stated meetings of the Trustees are normally in the fall, winter, and spring of each year. The Executive Board typically meets at times when regularly stated meetings of the Trustees are not held and often conducts business requiring an open meeting. From time to time other committees or bodies also conduct business requiring open meetings. Announcements of these meetings will be published in accordance with the law. In addition, each trustee committee reserves the right to call executive sessions during its scheduled meetings. Executive sessions are attended only by trustees and selected administrators.
- Public Attendance to be Subject to Reasonable Numbers. The number of the members of the public permitted to attend any such open meeting of the Board of Trustees and the Executive Board shall be limited to such number as can be reasonably accommodated in the room or hall where the meeting is held without interference with the conduct of the meeting. The determination of such number shall be made by the presiding officer of the meeting.
- Public Attendance to be for Purpose of Observation. Members of the public shall be admitted to such meetings only for the purpose of observation. They shall not be permitted to participate in any way except to the extent they may be specifically invited to do so by the presiding officer. No member of the public attending an open meeting shall in any fashion interrupt, interfere with, obstruct, disturb, or disrupt the conduct of such meeting.
- Recording Equipment and Display. A person attending an open meeting shall have the right to use recording devices to record all the proceedings. However, no member of the public shall bring into the meeting room of any open meeting any signs, placards, posters, banners, or other visual displays.
- Enforcement. The presiding officer may take any action deemed necessary and appropriate to enforce the above.